Thursday 20 February 2014

30 Day No Makeup Challenge!


G O O D  M O R N I N G !

I have decided to undertake a '30 day No Makeup Challenge' for a few reasons, and I started this on Tuesday just passed! This means that I am currently on day 4 (Friday 21st Feb 2014), and so far, I am actually loving it :)

I am undertaking this challenge partly as advised by my doctor (which I will explain in a second) and partly because of my own decision. I have been struggling with my skin and breakouts for years now, and while it has improved dramatically over the last couple of months (YAY!) I still am unhappy with it's condition, and I really want to get on top of it! So I decided to seek the advice of my GP. I saw her early Tuesday afternoon, and she prescribed me with a topical gel to apply every night to my breakouts before bed. She also recommended the Nutrogena Acne Wash which I purchased when picking up my prescription.

Now, I am a little hesitant to reveal what gel I have been prescribed, as everyone is different, and I have only just started using it myself. So I don't / can't review it yet! However, I can say that the Nutrogena wash is so far amazing :) I will do a post on the products I use for my face separately I think :)

Anyway, my doctor advised me to give this prescription at least month before I start to see results, and to come back and check in with her in a month's time. She also advised to wear little to no makeup, and that if I had to, to always make sure that it is properly and thoroughly removed, leaving my skin clear and clean.

Hense the 30 day no make up challenge! This is a challenge for me more for the fact that I love playing with makeup and creating my face more than anything! I am quite comfortable bare faced, I just feel that and love the way that makeup enhances my face and features :) 
Plus, because I fake tan a lot these days, my face never matches my body! (I do tan my face but it never stays on), so foundation really helps with this issue!  I have allowed myself to wear makeup on any special occasions that may arise during these 30 days, such as parties. I will also allow mascara on any other day such as work or uni. That's fair enough right? 

But I am really focused and determined to get my skin right. 4 days down, 26 to go - I can do this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment