Tuesday 18 February 2014

Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water!


I first read about drinking lemon water somewhere on Instagram, which unfortunately I can't remember! However, all that is needed is to search 'benefits of drinking lemon water' into a search engine such as Google, and hundreds of pages will come up! And it is no surprise as to why! There are many benefits, some surprising of drinking lemon water, especially upon rising.

I have been drinking lukewarm to warm lemon water for the past 3 mornings so far, and I already love it and am experiencing the benefits! I use half a lemon juiced to one glass of water, and drink this about 20 minutes before breakfast on non fasted cardio days. (Otherwise I will still have the lemon water upon rising, then go do my cardio, then eat breakfast).

The main things that I am hoping that drinking lemon water will help me personally with is clearing up my skin, kicking sweet cravings, and detoxing my insides!

I have taken the liberty of compiling a list of some of the many benefits of drinking lemon water here for you lovely readers, and you can find the links for the websites that I used below for further reading if you wish :)

1. It can stimulate better digestion, reducing symptoms such as bloating, gas and heartburn.

2. Lemons have a powerful cleansing effect on your liver, kidneys and blood.

3. Lemons are full of Vitamin C, and therefore can give your immunity system a boost.

4. The antioxidants in lemon juice help to not only decrease blemishes, but wrinkles too, and can maintain your skins radiance due to its antioxidant properties. 

5. Can reduce bad breath

6. Can aid in weightloss by decreasing cravings as a result of the pectic fibre that lemons contain.

7. The antibacterial properties in lemon juice can help with throat infections.

8. Excellent source of potassium.

9. Helps your liver produce more bile which helps with the digestion of fat.

10. Repairs skin and combats ageing.

11. Balances pH levels.

12. Cleanses the urinary tract.

13. Promotes healing.

14. Lemons are amazing to keep bad bacteria at bay.

15. Enable the body to remove bad cholesterol.

AND SO MUCH MORE!

Check out these websites (which I give credit to for most of the information in this post!) for more reading and benefits of lemons and drinking lemon juice :)

LIFEHACK

HEALTH AMBITION

BODY AND SOUL

DR OZ

0 comments:

Post a Comment