Tuesday 21 January 2014

Positivity

I am a big believer in positivity and positive thinking. The first half of 2013 was not the best for me. I was struggling to like the degree I was doing, struggling with my eating, energy and fitness. I had body image issues. I'd drifted apart from friends… I was hardly happy. But then one day, not long before my eighteenth birthday I think (May 2013), I decided that I was sick of being unhappy, sick of being negative! I changed my mind and my attitude, just like that! And OH MY GOSH the difference it made! I was such a happy girl, and still am today, after that moment. I became more organised, started exercising regularly, ditched the old bad food habits, made more plans to see people, and just smiled a lot more :) And it has been pretty much wonderful since then :) Yes I've had some struggles along the way, made big changes in my life, and more, but I am such a positive and happy person today, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Surrounding yourself with people who love and believe in you is a MAJOR contributor to finding happiness. I'm not saying to rely on them to make you happy, but having their love and support is amazing :) I remember I posted about my positive change of attitude on Instagram that night, and the next morning, I received a beautiful text from my boyfriend, Tom, about how happy and excited he was for me, and that he was willing to help me along in anyway that he can :) (the big cootie!).

Since that change though, I have noticed dramatic differences, and I am so thankful for whatever persuaded me to change. I am the healthiest and fittest that I have ever been! My relationships are strong. I am excited about every day and the opportunities that I have. It is a wonderful life, and I sure as hell am going to live it to the fullest potential. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment